Adecco is a global leader in providing HR services.
Our client Novartis, an innovative pharmaceutical company, is one of the leading global medicines companies. They use innovative science and digital technologies to create transformative treatments in areas of great medical need. In their quest to find new medicines, they consistently rank among the world’s top companies investing in research and development. Their products reach nearly 1 billion people globally and they are finding innovative ways to expand access to their latest treatments.
For purpose of expanding their organization and business in Croatia we are looking for dynamic, proactive, innovative, team oriented person to join Novartis team in Zagreb on the position of:
Financial Reporting and Accounting Manager m/f
• Responsible for all respective FRA activities while working collaboratively between function leaders as primary point of contact for all FRA matters.
• Apply IFRS principles in preparation and analysis of financial statements; ensure effectiveness of controls and high-quality reporting; execute month end closing pro-cases; advise on technical accounting matters and liaise with internal and external auditors.
• Responsible for various financial services, projects, and may need to design, modify, install, and/or maintain accounting systems to ensure an adequate recognition of financial transactions.
• Lead month end close activities including the analysis, review, and validation of financial statements, to include conducting cross-function analysis meetings with key stakeholders to review financial per-formance and balance sheet details
• Drive conclusions on complex accounting issues, implementation of reporting projects and/or policies, and continuous process improvement throughout the accounting and reporting cycle
• Approve significant journal entries and account reconciliations
• Ensures adherence to the Novartis Financial Control Manual (NFCM) and coordination of remediation activities as identified through internal or external reviews
• Manages a diverse team (on/ off-shore) to deliver a high-performing organization and drive improvements/standard solutions, while driving a high degree of collaboration
• Measures and manages the workforce to cultivate a customer service focus culture
• Sponsors and oversees new initiatives and/or projects, which will drive productivity and efficiency objectives
• An indefinite contract with a trial period
• An opportunity to work in an innovative company known worldwide
• Hybrid working option
• Possibility of education and great leadership
REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or Finance
• CPA or Chartered Accountant is preferred
• Advanced Degree in Accounting and/or Finance is preferred
• Native Croatian
• English competent
• Minimum of 5+ years’ accounting experience, preferably in Big 4 public accounting, healthcare industry or large corporation with shared service concept
• Experience in team/project leading
• Demonstrated ability to apply IFRS accounting practices
• Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Enterprise systems knowledge (SAP)
• Significant experience in financial accounting and reporting, auditing, and financial process engineering, with record of strong control focus and driving /delivering change initiatives
If you think this offer is in line with your personal and professional growth, please send us your resume in English.