Adecco is a world leader in providing HR services.
Our client is Permasteelisa Group, a leading global contractor in design, engineering, project management, manufacture, installation, and after-sales service of architectural envelopes. The Group is present in four continents, with a network of 33 companies in 22 countries and 7 production plants. They are looking for a new key team member for the position:
Head of Accounting for the Permasteelisa Group
Reporting to the Accounting, Consolidation & Financial Reporting Manager, the Candidate is responsible for overseeing the Accounting activities of the Group and is involved in implementing and maintaining accounting standards and processes that will ensure that group assets are adequately safeguarded and that all financial reporting is prepared in compliance with group financial policies and procedures, and with IFRS requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversees the group accounting activities, which includes inter-company accounting, financial reporting, balance sheet and income statement management, construction contracts accounting, foreign currency and forex hedging accounting.
• Accountable for ensuring that policies and procedures (internal controls) are in place to provide reasonable assurance that the company and group assets are protected.
• Responsible to oversee month-end closing process. Ensure transactions for the months are completely captured and recorded in the books. Accounts for revenue and costs/expenses that needs to be accrued. Ensure prepayment amortization and FA depreciation are properly recorded across the group
• Established a global service center where appropriate to optimize resources across the group and ensure a cost optimized set up in Accounting.
• Is responsible for the governance and assurance of the Risk and Internal Control framework.
• Provides technical accounting guidance and support to all company entities. At times, this may include involvement in due diligence and other activities surrounding acquisitions/dispositions.
• Ensures for proper timing and application of revenue recognition rules.
• Involved in validating/designing suggested changes in Accounting / Reporting software, to ensure accounting requirements continue to be met.
• Coordinates work relating to both internal and external audits in the periodic review of the company financial records.